St Mel’s Education Community values the partnership between parents/care givers and the school. We welcome volunteers onsite to be involved in the school community.
There are many ways that you can volunteer at St Mel’s….
- Morning reading with students
- Camps & Excursions
- St Mel’s Fun Fair
- Library assistance
- School Garden project
- …just to name a few!
We have an Induction process for all Volunteers. You will need to complete the Induction Forms (downloads) and make sure that you have a current Working With Children Check. Please watch the attached Volunteer video as part of the Induction process. All documents required are available as a download.
St Mel’s is committed to child safety and this includes Volunteers in our school.
- We want children to be safe, happy and empowered. We support and respect all children, as well as our staff and volunteers.
- We are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children.
- We have zero tolerance of child abuse, and all allegations and safety concerns will be treated very seriously and consistently with our robust policies and procedures.
- We have legal and moral obligations to contact authorities when we are worried about a child’s safety, which we follow rigorously.
- Our organisation is committed to preventing child abuse and identifying risks early and removing and reducing these risks.
- Our organisation has robust human resources and recruitment practices for all staff and volunteers.
- Our organisation is committed to regularly training and educating our staff and volunteers on child abuse risks.
- We support and respect all children, as well as our staff and volunteers. We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal children, the cultural safety of children from a culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and to providing a safe environment for children with a disability.
- We have specific policies, procedures and training in place that support our leadership team, staff and volunteers to achieve these commitments.